We are often asked to share our hummus recipe. This one is our favorite. Feel free to change the quantities or ingredients to your preference.
1/2 c. Raw Tahini
6 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
6 cloves Garlic
1/4 c. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Cayenne
2 (15oz.) cans Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
6 Tbsp. Water
- Blend tahini and lemon juice in a processor or blender until combined, 1 min.
- Scrape sides, then add garlic, cumin, sea salt, and cayenne. Process 1 min, scrape.
- With the machine running, slowly add olive oil. Blend 1 min.
- Add half the chickpeas, process 1 min. Add the other half, process 1 min, until well combined. (It will be thick at this point.)
- With the processor running, add the water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Keep blending until super smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. From here, you can add whichever flavors and toppings you’d like. We like to drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and chill 2 hrs.
- Serve with veggies or use as a spread on sandwiches/wraps.